Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Grace

"He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things." (Psalm 103:3-5)

I like the verbs in these verses: forgives, heals, ransoms, surrounds, and fills.  It's almost like there is an outline of the progression of grace. 

He forgives sin.
He heals disease.
He ransoms from death.
He surrounds with love and mercy.
He fills with good things.

He moves us from our sin and it's consequence (disease and death) to what we don't deserve (love, mercy, and good things).  This is the Gospel and the unmerited favor that Jesus lavishes upon all who will call  upon His name. Sin deserves death but through God's great love and mercy, we receive "good things".  Praise The Lord!

No comments: