Thursday, July 16, 2015

Confession

"O Lord Almighty, you are just, and you examine the deepest thoughts of hearts and minds." (Jeremiah 11:20a)

We don't have any secrets as far as God is concerned. He knows it all--the good, the bad, and the ugly.  A realization that God knows our thoughts, our desires, and our deepest secrets, should drive us to our knees in broken contrition.  There's not much room for arrogance in our sin-sick souls.  There is room for confession, repentance, and restoration. 

We need to come before God on a regular basis (daily? or maybe hourly?) and agree with Him regarding our missteps and mistakes.  I find it helpful to close my eyes and to invite the Holy Spirit, (who convicts of sin and guides to truth), to walk with me through my previous days activities. As I think about my day, I'm alert to anything the Holy Spirit wants to discuss.  It usually doesn't take long before I become aware of bad attitudes, thoughtless words and actions, or other more blatant sins that offend the Holy Spirit. I simply agree with Him, ask forgiveness, and move forward. 

Give it a try today and see if God doesn't meet you at the altar of repentance.

No comments: