Monday, June 22, 2015

Does God Have a Tattoo?

"Yet Zion says, 'The Lord has deserted us; the Lord has forgotten us.' 'Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for a child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See I have written your name on my hand.'" (Isaiah 49:14-16)

Have you ever felt like God has deserted you?  Maybe right now you feel like He has left you alone with your problems.  Be encouraged by the Word of God this morning.  Regardless of how painful your situation may be, God has not  abandoned you.  In the same way that a loving mother cannot forget her child, your Father in heaven cannot forget you. 

What do you think about Isaiah 49:16, "See I have written your name on my hand"?  Does God have a tattoo?  I wouldn't defend the tattoo thought too strongly--but I know for a fact that Jesus has a piercing--in both hands.  They were put there by a roman guard when Jesus died on the cross.  He loves you!

If you're struggling today, let me suggest that you take a pen and write "Jesus" in the palm of your hand.  As often as you see it today, it will remind you that Jesus is thinking of you as well.  He has scars in His hands with your name on them.

No comments: